THE RESIDENTIAL PURCHASE PROCESS
What YOU do
- Search and find your home and/or investment property.
- Obtain loan approval from your financial institution (that is, your lender or mortgagee) – how much money is your financial institution willing to lend you?
- Make an offer.
- Obtain a copy of the contract from the agent.
What WE do
- Review the Contract for Sale and provide you with advice (your rights, obligations and the risks involved).
- Negotiate amendments to the Contract for Sale.
- Arrange inspections you may wish to obtain (pest, building and strata).
- Exchange Contracts.
- Assist you (where necessary) with government application(s), such as a first home owner’s grant application.
- Order necessary searches, including council rates, water rates, land tax and strata levies and ensure land tax is cleared (where applicable).
- Prepare and forward documents to Vendor’s solicitor or conveyancer – transfer, requisitions on title and section 118 notices (where applicable).
- Consider replies to requisitions on title.
- Liaise with and arrange settlement with your lender and Vendor’s solicitor or conveyancer.
- Obtain updates in relation to rates and levies and prepare settlement figures.
- Prepare settlement documents, including cheque directions.
- Attend settlement.
- Notify all parties of settlement and forward cheques (where applicable).
We invite you to book an appointment or contact us to discuss your matter in confidentiality. Alternatively, you can complete the online Request a Call Back form to your right. Our initial consultation is FREE.