Your privacy is very important to us at S.A.S Lawyers and as such we are committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement sets out our firm’s policy regarding the use and management of personal information obtained from the use of this site. You can rest assured that any information that is collected and received by us will be handled in accordance to the Privacy Act and National Privacy Principles.
Personal Information Collected
The personal information we collect through this website may include your use of this website, transactions carried out over this website, your title, name, contact details, occupation, interests, expertise and other information which you send us or which can help us better the legal services we provide. Data can be gathered in one of two ways; by knowingly giving us information directly by using the electronic registration for publications and services or through downloaded information when visiting our website. Our internet service provider records the user’s service address, domain name, date and time of visit, and the information accessed or downloaded from the site.
Failure on our part to collect all necessary information could hamper our efforts to deliver the services that you as a client seek.
Use of Personal Information
S.A.S Lawyers may use your personal information to:
- provide you with legal services
- administer and personlise the website for you
- enable you to access and use the website
- send information about our firm and the services we provide
- to perform a specific purpose requested by a user where information was given by the entity
- publish information about you on the website
- send or supply you with products or services that you purchase and collect payments from you
- send you communications and invoices
- provide information to associated third parties, including but not limited to, barristers, advisors, service providers, agents and contractors, any entity to whom you advise us to provide information to
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, S.A.S Lawyers may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
We do give our clients and site users the option to amend the information provided including the removal of certain information should they believe it is in their best interests to do so but not in derogation of our legal obligation to retain specific information.
We note that S.A.S Lawyers is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
The personal information you provide us is stored on secure servers.
S.A.S Lawyers will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and any information you provide is at your own risk.
Updates and Questions
We note that this website contains links to other websites.